Environment & Heritage Working Group
Welcome to the Resources Page of the Environment & Heritage Working Group.
The focus of this Group is on the Natural and Built environment, Conservation Area, Heritage Assets, Allotments, Green AreasThe Objectives of this Group are as follows:
- Using existing data from the Local Plan supplement with further research and undertake an audit of the natural environment within the Parish boundary together with any common land, treed and green spaces and footpaths.
- Recommend further protection, maintenance, expansion and change of use of existing green areas or creation of new ones. Produce guidelines for hedging and tree species for introduction within the Parish and any new housing developments.
- Undertake analysis of the built environment within the Parish and in particular the conservation area. Consider ways to further protect the buildings and characteristics of this area and identify buildings not listed but are worthy of protecting because of their visual or historic value within the parish.
- Work in close collaboration with the Consultation Working Group to develop a programme of content for presentation through the various stages of community engagement and to ensure through the consultation process we protect our heritage and environment and provide adequate green infrastructure for community use.
The overall aim is to provide evidence that the present status of protected areas across the Parish is fully understood and that plans for maintenance and expansion are based on identified and realistic needs of the community including full compliance with the SCDC Local Plan, which in itself is subject to compliance with the National Plan Framework.
The Working Group will provide essential input to the Neighbourhood Plan vision, objectives and options.
Membership of the Working Group:
Sue Jones (Chairman), Anne Westover, Steve Aylward, Ray Lewis.
Key documents and minutes of the Working Group:Key Documents
- Wickham Market Conservation Area Appraisal - Mar 2016.
- Landscape Institute Technical Information Note 04/2016 - April 2016.
- Wickham Market footpath map - 23 Nov 2016.
- Wickham Market circular walks.