Social & Community Working Group
Welcome to the Resources Page of the Social & Community Working Group.
The focus of this Group is on Housing Needs, Local Facilities, Community Assets, Sites for Residential Development, Types and Styles of Houses.The Objectives of this Group are as follows:
- Using the existing Local Plan and the more recent Parish survey determine if more information is needed to predict the current future need of housing by quantity and type up until 2036 across the Wickham Market Parish.
- Undertake an analysis of the style and mass of present architecture across the Wickham Market Parish and recommend guidance which will be incorporated in the Neighbourhood Plan on the style and mass of future development.
- Undertake an audit of community assets including School and Health requirements to 2036 according to any predicted future expansion and demographics.
- Undertake a review of leisure and amenities including sports field provision and recreational facilities in the Wickham Market Parish and recommend where the Neighbourhood Plan needs to identify improvements through to 2036.
- Work in close collaboration with the Consultation Working Group to develop a programme of content for presentation through the various stages of community engagement.
The overall aim is to provide evidence that the present status of residential property and facilities across the parish is fully understood and that plans for development of residential property are based on identified and realistic needs including full compliance with the Suffolk Coastal District Council Local Plan, which in itself is subject to compliance with the National Plan Framework.
The Working Group will provide essential input to the Neighbourhood Plan vision, objectives and options.
Membership of the Working Group:
Cllr Dick Jenkinson (Chairman), Cllr Robin Cooke, Ray Clune and Roger Theobald.